It is hard to believe that the 2nd annual Rubbish Renewed Eco Fashion Show has come and gone! We took a strong event and, because of the community support and involvement, exceeded all of our goals. For a complete line up of photos from Tambi Lane Photography, please go to the gallery below.
- We had more in attendance this year – an estimated 300+ at each of our two shows
- We made more money for REALMS Charter School’s Arts Program – $10,500
- We executed our first ever “Business Challenge” with 6 businesses participating on the runway
- We had more students submissions and more students on the runway than last year
- We executed our Rubbish Renewed Mentorship program with students working diligently every Wednesday afternoon in November under the guidance of Allison Murphy of UtilituSEW
- We demonstrated how to enter the holiday season more sustainably through creative present wrapping and drinking from re-useable Silipints at all of your holiday parties
- We had 34 garments on the runway (in each show), clearly demonstrating the sustainable and creative spirit of Bend
- We had a fabulous marketplace with 17 local vendors, promoting local holiday shopping
- We satiated people’s appetites with local food carts and helped washed it all down with beverages from our favorite local beverage businesses
- We had a large volunteer squad that lightened the load for the organizers
- We had more sponsors and people involved than ever before!
We can’t wait for the third annual,
Amy, Karen & Allison