Friday I captured this time-lapse in the REALMS Rubbish Renewed Elective. Look closely in this 30 second video to see 5 different students using these 2 sewing machines to complete garments! Check out their quotes below to see what a few students learned while creating garments to submit to the Rubbish Renewed Eco Fashion Show.
- How to use a sewing machine.
- When something falls apart, cry for a minute, then get back up and keep working.
- To see shapes differently. I can make 2-D pieces fit 3-D people.
- That good design takes time.
- How to go from nothing into something.
- Fashion can be sustainable.
- To really look at materials to see what they can become.
- That through my actions, I can make a difference for the earth.
(Sewing machines were purchased 2 years ago from Rubbish Renewed fundraising proceeds. All 6th graders now have a chance to learn to use a sewing machine)!