Runway 2014 Student Designers

Photos by Tambi Lane Photography

Student Designers 2014

Designers: Eli Alexander & Casey Matthews Materials: Fabric scraps, white army materials, and pink vinyl.  Quote: "This experience has taught us a lot about using a variety of weird materials, from Vinyl to snow cammo. It has furthered our discoveries in fashion"

Designers: Eli Alexander & Casey Matthews
Materials: Fabric scraps, white army materials, and pink vinyl.
Quote: “This experience has taught us a lot about using a variety of weird materials, from Vinyl to snow cammo. It has furthered our discoveries in fashion”

 

Designer: Vanessa Granger Materials: Chip bags

Designer: Vanessa Granger
Materials: Chip bags

 

Designer: Olivia Rose Barnes Materials: Biking materials and parts  Quote: "I learned that trash is never gone but with some creativity we can make magic happen!"

Designer: Olivia Rose Barnes
Materials: Biking materials and parts
Quote: “I learned that trash is never gone but with some creativity we can make magic happen!”

 

Designer: Jessica Browning Materials: Plastic newspaper bags  Quote: "I really had to think outside the box because finding useful trash materials is harder than using store bought materials."

Designer: Jessica Browning
Materials: Plastic newspaper bags
Quote: “I really had to think outside the box because finding useful trash materials is harder than using store bought materials.”

 

Designer:

Designer: Nicole Cuddihy
Materials: College application postcards/posters

 

Designer: Lilah Beck Materials: Foam and paper packaging materials  Quote: “I learned that it is harder to make a dress for a person then for a doll.”

Designer: Lilah Beck
Materials: Foam and paper packaging materials
Quote: “I learned that it is harder to make a dress for a person then for a doll.”

 

Designer: Lily McNabb & Riley Chubb Materials: Shower curtain and inner tube float

Designer: Lily McNabb & Riley Chubb
Materials: Shower curtain and inner tube float

 

Designer: Soleil Haskell Materials: Egg cartons to form the bust, black bags for the torso and skirt, red ribbon trim, and green netting. Quote: "Inspiration can be found in almost anything, and once you find it anything can become something beautiful"

Designer: Soleil Haskell
Materials: Egg cartons to form the bust, black bags for the torso and skirt, red ribbon trim, and green netting.
Quote: “Inspiration can be found in almost anything, and once you find it anything can become something beautiful”

 

Designer: Ashlie Jackson Materials: vhs tape & discarded cash register tape cores   Quote: “Through the many challenges of the design process I have learned perseverance.”

Designer: Ashlie Jackson
Materials: vhs tape & discarded cash register tape cores
Quote: “Through the many challenges of the design process I have learned perseverance.”

 

Designers: Sydney Scott & Annalee Pelayo Materials: Shower curtain, while the belt uses the curtain rings  Quote: “Creating is like a house of cards. It might fall down at first, but then you rethink it a second time.”

Designers: Sydney Scott & Annalee Pelayo
Materials: Shower curtain, while the belt uses the curtain rings
Quote: “Creating is like a house of cards. It might fall down at first, but then you rethink it a second time.”

Designer: Isabella Robles Materials: A found canvas parasol and a bandana  Quote: “Through constructing my garment I learned that to create something you find beautiful you must mind meld with those who see its potential.”

Designer: Isabella Robles
Materials: A found canvas parasol and a bandana
Quote: “Through constructing my garment I learned that to create something you find beautiful you must mind meld with those who see its potential.”

 

Designer: Genna Callicott Materials: A collection of bags from some of her favorite stores

Designer: Genna Callicott
Materials: A collection of bags from some of her favorite stores

 

Designer: Joanna Browning Materials: Sheets and pillowcases Quote: "trash fashion can be just as cute as store bought clothes, plus it saves our planet."

Designer: Joanna Browning
Materials: Sheets and pillowcases
Quote: “trash fashion can be just as cute as store bought clothes, plus it saves our planet.”

 

Designer: Kaci Alderin Materials: Bicycle tubes, window screen, and cat food bags

Designer: Kaci Alderin
Materials: Bicycle tubes, window screen, and cat food bags

 

Designer: Yolanda Savellano Materials: Plastic bags

Designer: Yolanda Savellano
Materials: Plastic bags

Designer: Denali Heinlen Materials: a twister game board and bubble wrap Quote: “Turning garbage into fashion is like a bud turning into a rose, it may look like nothing at first but it will blossom into something beautiful.”

Designer: Denali Heinlen
Materials: a twister game board and bubble wrap
Quote: “Turning garbage into fashion is like a bud turning into a rose, it may look like nothing at first but it will blossom into something beautiful.”

 

Designer: Kiani Rose Materials: Aluminum casserole pans

Designer: Kiani Rose
Materials: Aluminum casserole pans

 

Designer: Kate Singer Materials: Hospital gowns

Designer: Kate Singer
Materials: Hospital gowns

Designer: Cassyde FitzGerald Materials: Refurbished t-shirts, window screen and tooling

Designer: Cassyde FitzGerald
Materials: Refurbished t-shirts, window screen and tooling

 

 

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Runway 2014 Student Designers

  1. Pingback: Student Designers at the heart of Rubbish Renewed – Gallery Posted | Rubbish Renewed Eco Fashion Show

  2. I see you don’t monetize your blog, don’t waste your
    traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra money, search for:
    best adsense alternative Dracko’s tricks

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s